June 30, 2010

{ patriotic love }

We have quite a bit of American pride 'round our house. 

My hubbs was thisclose to signing up for the Marines.  He tore his hamstring practically in half the day before he was going in to sign up, and by the time it healed, he had other responsibilities to attend to.  His favorite song is "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood, and he tears up at the sight of soldiers or memorabilia about our great country. 

Even with all of this, we haven't been able to celebrate the 4th of July properly - because pretty much since we've been married, my husband's job takes us out of state all summer long.  We leave our home and family and travel to somewhere else in the country.  Don't get me wrong, we LOVE these adventures, but I wish I could decorate our house during this time to show our American pride. 

We do have a little something up...it stays up all year to remind us how lucky we are to live here:
(don't mind the messy messy entertainment center...I swear that thing will be the death of me one day.)

I'll zoom in to give you a closer look:
Now, I know that I don't have to decorate to show pride, but, let's be honest, it's a fun way to do so!
Especially after seeing some of the awesome ideas around blogland.

Take this for example:
How stinking adorable is that?  Those girls over at How Does She? never fail to amaze me.  I might stalk their site for new ideas....maybe....I'll never tell!
As soon as I saw that, I about died.  "I MUST have that!" I thought to myself.  And I will be making one as soon as I get back home.  I'll show you the finished product soon, I promise!

And then I saw Thrifty Decor Chick's post about this same decoration PLUS her own twist on it to make it into a door hanging:
Ack!  Could you just die?  I just love it.  So simple.  So sweet.
Sarah never ceases to amaze me with what she comes up with.

So then I decided I had to make one of those too.  Darn it all.  Why do you all have to be so talented?
If you could give me about a lifetime minute to catch up, that would be great!

And then, if all that weren't enough (sheesh! Seriously.), I blogstalked stumbled upon Living with Lindsay's Teach Me Tuesday post.  Her guest blogger this Tuesday was Sarah from A Little of This, A Little of That.  Sarah made the most adorable little girl's American flag shirt.  Seriously. To. Die. For.

Don't take my word for it though, see for yourself:
I am pretty sure I have to make this for my little Taelie-girl now.
In fact, as soon as she wakes up from her nap, I just might have to run to the store.
Yup.  I'm gonna have to.
The best part is, all of these girls gave us tutorials so we can be as crafty as them!  Score!  Just click on the links with their names and you'll be taken right to their sites.  (Nope, no one paid me to advertise these girls -- no one knows I'm here, I'm a newbie!  I just love these ideas that much!)

What are you waiting for?  Get busy crafting!  Have you seen any other to-die-for 4th ideas that I've missed? If so, let me know, and I'd LOVE to check them them out!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and for becming a follower! It is nice to know that others are the same as I am! I guess because it is what we love we let it get to us. My blog has been huhmbling and amazing at letting me share things without putting up walls. I am now a follower of your blog and can't wait to see all of your fun ideas!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Look at all those Red, White and Blue decorations! LOVE THEM! Thanks for sharing them all!

And thank you SO much for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments! :)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Thank you so much for the highlight! :)

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Awesome features! Love your sign too! The fourth is one of my favorites for sure!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!!
Meet Virginia!!!

Decorchick! said...

Those are great projects!! It's way too hard to keep up!! There's a list of things I'll never get done in this lifetime. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving the nice comment today!! xxoo

Bring Pretty Back said...

Everything is so cute! Oh my! THATCLOSE to the Marines~ funny how life turns out isn't it?